Monday, October 22, 2012

Proud of my sister :)

Parents from middle class families never know much about the future of their ward. They are unaware of the education system going on.  All they can do is put their ward in a good (or famous) school in the near locality and have faith on it. If you are economically slightly better than a typical Indian family, at max parents will arrange a coaching for you. But they themselves are totally unaware of what their child is learning. They can't monitor it. Even my mom-dad didn't know anything. Parents come to know only when one of their children has gone through these times. My sister was elder. And my dad didn't even have the slightest hint of competitive exams. They just knew these is something called PMT. And neither the schools provide such info to the kids. Who cares for all 120-200 students informing them about the competitive exams? So, my sister was left with unawareness. She gave her first PMT in haste and trailing behind her classmates. So, it went all messed up. When she couldn't clear even the 'pre', she came to know what this competition really mean. By the time, I came to XI, she decided to have a drop year. Now there opened an academy in Bhiwani. Someone told my dad that coaching helps in clearing exams, so he put both of we siblings to that local institute. Plus there started family problems in our home. Those tensions couldn't let her study. As a result, she lost another year there gaining nothing. Again she couldn't even clear CBSE-PMT pre.

Now I came to XII and she was broken completely. My dad raised her, hugged her and said "Beta tu ek try aur le. Main tere sath hu. Chinta kyu karti hai?". He gave her determination. When your family is with you, when they support you, it is a great help. My sister is a little slow at understanding concepts. She grasp topic a little late. So it was obvious that her performance would improve gradually. She stayed at home. She used to study late night with me.This time, we both were to attempt for PMT together. And we both cleared pre. Alas! None of us could clear mains. In BHU, I was unable to clear pre. She cleared it. In GGSIPU (for VMMC and ACMS), I again failed in pre but she qualified for the mains also. She could get an admission to ACMS as her rank was good but our financial conditions were not that good that my dad could afford huge fees of ACMS. So, didi told my dad "last time you asked me to take another shot. This time I ask you to take another chance. Believe your daughter. I will crack the best govt. medical colleges this time". I salute that determination of my sister. She is a little slow at studies, but she is way too ahead in social and human nature. And she dropped again while I came to AIT Pune. And she really did what she said. She had 6th rank in whole Haryana, cracked ACMS again, cracked BHU, JIPMER, COMEDK and many other exams simultaneously. But this year, ACMS had dropped its fees to a lot of extent and it had also gained a lot of reputation in its first year. Plus, career is more secure through ACMS. So, leaving all other colleges (including PGIMS Rohtak), she opted for ACMS only.

My sister is a great example of determination and hard work. Besides being a little less capable than her peers, she overcame her weakness with immense hard work. And ultimately she succeeded what she decided to achieve. And I am so proud of my sister. No one can sustain so many failures and then rise with immense success. Most of her classmates either dropped for at max 1 year and then opted for BDS etc or went for BSc. which even my sister could do. But now she stands higher than those who lost hopes early.

Today she is one of the best students and among toppers in her MBBS class keeping her pace and hard-work in coherence. I am so proud of her.

3 comments:

  1. Salute to her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what called TRUE DETERMINATION. Huge inspiration sorce

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete