Friday, April 2, 2010

What the hell !!!

I went up straight to my room and while opening the door, I saw Vinay. It was the first time when I used this statement describing my situation to anyone. Here I go...
"I guess, I am fucked now"
And Mor laughed out loud. He asked the good name of that personality who fucked me up, and my sober reply was "the entire mag-board" with a smile on my face. And it was just this statement which boosted up his laugh as well as Nehra's. I entered the room and they followed me back saying "you had the same situation last year also when you used to come back to NBH late at night and lie on the bed as if the ass is paining".


Actually, this was a true (and bitter) joke which reminded me of those horrible nights. This year, I specially chose two girls to help me out in the creative part of sketching etc. But bloody hell, that this is it. I was the the sole man to carry on the entire Hindi section plus 'cover page' drawing. The funda was still clear. If it came out as a nice cover, I'll was the one to get the credit. If it poked, I would pass on the 'gaaliyaan' to the secretaries. Just keeping my skin safe.

I used to say to Mor that after I become the SE, I would chill. But the problem is, in FE I used to feel a kind of pressure and now I feel a similar sort of responsibility. Simultaneously, when I see the FEs, I just feel not to pressurize them to work as I was forced to do. So, I do most of the work (which I feel, I can do) myself and keep the complications out of focus.

But eventually the acover came out to be something else, other than I was instructed to make. I did exactly what was told. In fact, a little more than what they imagined. But finally, it is they who were to decide. The two day effort of without rest from me and an FE was only just to give them a sort of idea if that would look fine. Just a test? Did they doubt my fingers? I never felt myself down in this art (except two times, a little personal) and had always come out with excellent output, even if it is the ADDICT or personal sketches. Then what the fucking thing the Mag-B is?

Well, this wasn't the end of the story. Two days later, I went down to the secretary's room and saw them finalizing the pages. And I asked "Sir! Is the third Hindi article assigned pages?" and the reply was "We'll see it later. Presently, ....hey hey Sehgal, do that page man, ya that one... ya .. So what were we talking? Ah, the Hindi page? ..hey hey stop..." And I understood that they are going to skip that article.

I tried the same plea for next two times more but the rely was same that at present they were concentrating on finalizing other pages but not a single attempt to finalize if the third Hindi article is to come or not. Next day I simply said "You are not going to put that article na?" and a sort of little shameful reply was "No, actually we are short of some pages

(To be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment